Monday, March 16, 2015

Piercing top can, music wire, displacer

When punching through the bottom of the can, most of the needles at my table weren't effective, they bent rather then piercing the can. The needle I brought was a lot thicker and was the only one successful in making the small hole. When threading the music wire through the displacer it was really hard to get it to go straight through. I almost ruined my displacer by putting the wire through too many times and making too large a hole in the foam. However, with the epoxy I was able to fix it by smearing a little epoxy over the hole. The epoxy had an unpleasant smell and was hard to work with. I had to be very deliberate about where I applied it and it was difficult to smear it with the popsicle stick, especially if there was dried epoxy on the stick. I eventually got the wire secured with the epoxy successfully. 

No comments:

Post a Comment